Thursday, May 13, 2010

My experience with Blood Bowl/Chaos League

WARNING: The following may be hilariously silly or annoyingly serious, or somewhere in between, changing tone without warning. Reader's discretion is advised. Do not drink, eat or operate heavy machinery while reading the following


My experience with Blood Bowl/Chaos League

I saw that the Blood Bowl Wiki was started in 2008, and that the Living Rulebook is in the 5th version now, But I only found out about Blood Bowl a few months ago. I tried the DS game, but I’m not much into football, so I was no good at it. Then I see this:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3781749/

And I got into playing it again. Now I got a better feel for the game, and decided to start all over now that I understand the rules and how to WIN a game. MY First match with the Wilders (Chaos) against a Wood Elf team ended 3-0, 10 injured, 2 DEAD… all in my favor, and that really got me playing. I also got the PC version (will have to save for the Legendary game/version!) but I can’t handle the Real Time mode… just like I can’t handle football games XP but it certainly has more to look at (nice fur on the Minotaur and there are multiple models for each player, 6 skins and 9 heads for Beastmen!… or was it backwards?) I certainly enjoy the commentary… and the simulated chat taunts The Campaign mode is bound to keep me in Fullscreen/Away mode for some time…

Googling about this game I found Chaos League, a more Real-time game kinda like Blood Bowl. I can manage to play and win this one, but I work better at slow/turn-based games. It’s got it’s own charms, too so I might play it some more.


FYI, these are the Blood Bowl wiki pages I have made

http://bloodbowl.wikia.com/wiki/Skills

http://bloodbowl.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Player_Points


They will help for my latest idea, Blood Bowl Anthro teams! I already started scouting…

BTW, this is me in FUMBBL, which has a Java Blood Bowl game. I'm still learning IRC and getting to play the game, but If you are interested...

http://fumbbl.com/~ramsey276

I'm here

No comments:

Post a Comment